What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about the holidays in Singapore? Merlion? Cleanest City? Or Universal Studios? Be it anything, but excitement is always the same. Singapore is a city filled with passion and pride. Around entire Singapore, there are various best places to visit and experiences planned, crafted, designed and developed by locals who are passionate about what they do.
Arriving in Singapore, you feel like you have stepped into the future. Singapore may be the smallest country in Southeast Asia, but it is amazingly blessed with tourism attractions, rich culture and traditions, bustling shopping malls, and mouth-watering street food. The country’s magnificence has attracted millions of travelers from every nook and corner of the world, making it one of the most preferred family holidays in Singapore. Spotless and sophisticated.
Quick Facts of Singapore
Capital: Singapore City
Airport: Changi International Airport (SIN)
Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD) 1 SGD = 50 INR approx
Official Language(s): Malay (Most commonly used are English, Chinese and Tamil)
Time Zone: It is 2.5 hrs ahead of India (GMT + 8)
When to Go: This is a year-round destination, although Feb to Apr are the dry months.
Who should travel to Singapore?
Be sure that your holidays in Singapore are going to be absolutely filled with lots of things to do. Usually, families with kids (5 yrs and above) can enjoy Singapore to the fullest. Kids will be amazed at Universal Studios, Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park and many more. Even if you are a young couple OR group of friends and want to let the child within you enjoy, you can absolutely do that. Singapore has places to visit for everyone with varied interests.
What is the Singapore visa process for Indian Passport holders?
Singapore visa is easy and can be obtained easily. You can get in touch with us and we can assist you with it. Also if you would like to read more details of visa requirements, click here.
What are the popular areas in Singapore?
Singapore is filled with various exciting best places to visit and spend time with your loved ones, lets get started on knowing the different must-visit areas in Singapore.
Orchard Road – This is the hub of all the upscale shopping brands. There are multiple modern shopping malls on both sides of the streets. They say that whatever you want to buy and can’t find here, you will perhaps not find it anywhere else in the world! Besides shopping there is a large variety of bars and restaurants to choose from. It’s the most happening and crowded street of Singapore.
Marina Bay – Singapore’s all biggest attractions and landmarks are in this area; Marina Bay Sands, Merlion Statue, Gardens by the Bay and Esplanade (It is a theater on the bay). Spending an evening here is a must. This is the most beautiful and lit up area of Singapore with different light and water shows happening every evening. Be ready with your camera to take lots of pictures while you visit here. This is one of the best places to see and spend time on leisure evening in Singapore.
Sentosa Island – It’s a resort island outside the downtown area of Singapore. Sentosa can keep you busy all day. Its the best place to see in Singapore, which has several theme parks (including Universal Studios and SEA Aquarium), along with restaurants and cafes. Do you know it also has a man-made white sand beach?
Little India – We all love India and we can’t really stay away from our food for long. This is actually a compact-sized India with a variety of Indian food readily available.
Chinatown – This is really close to the business district where there are so many skyscrapers around, yet it has preserved small houses and beautiful temples here. While taking a stroll here can be a different experience from all the hustle and bustle of the city because architecture here resembles a typical town in China. Also, most of the Chinese community lives here, which pushes you to feel that you are actually in some part of China and not in Singapore.
What are the best places/attractions to visit in Singapore?
Singapore has an endless list of tourist attractions and you will never have enough time to see it all in just one visit. To simplify your confusion on what are the best places to see in Singapore, we are listing below must-see, our recommended experiences, and add on attractions. Let’s have a look:
- Gardens By The Bay – Surrounded by bustling buildings all around, these are the lungs of the city. Explore through the many pavilions, waterways and Super Trees that together are home to more than 250,000 plants. Evenings are the best here when the entire garden is lit up with colorful lights.
- Sentosa Island – It is known as the ‘State of Fun’. This island is dedicated completely to the exciting attractions, various theme parks and is complete heaven for theme park lovers. If you want to enjoy Sentosa Island thoroughly you need one full day along with a day planned for Universal Studios.
- Universal Studios Singapore – Situated on the Sentosa Island, the park’s high-tech attractions and thematic shows are based around popular movies, TV programs.
- Singapore Night Safari – Asia’s first zoo experience by the night at Singapore Zoo. Ride on a tram through six different geographical zones and witness the animals in their most natural habitat on the world’s first-ever nocturnal park. This appears on the top priorities of many people’s best places to visit in Singapore list.
Our Recommended Experiences :
- Breakfast with Orangutans – This is organized at a restaurant inside the Singapore Zoo. This starts at 09:00 am and needs a prior reservation. Animal appearances are between 09:30 am to 10:00 am.
- Lunch with Parrots – This happens at Jurong Bird Park. You will have to take your seats by 12:30 pm and they serve till 02:00 pm. Birds appear by 01:00 pm.
- Wings of time – You can end your visit to Sentosa with this by spellbinding laser, fire and water effects set to a majestic soundtrack, complete with a jaw-dropping fireworks display. It’s the most preferred place to visit in Singapore. The show starts at 07:40 pm onwards.
- Marina Bay Sands Sky Park – The iconic structure of 3 tall buildings and a boat shaped sky park on the roof of ‘Marina Bay Sands’. It offers you a 360 degree view of the entire Singapore city. It is the second tallest building in Singapore and one of the best hotels in South East Asia. (Note – even non residents of hotel can grab this opportunity to be here).
Add some more time for :
- Jurong Bird Park – It is the largest bird park in the world with more than 5000 birds of 400 species. Kids will have opportunities to get up close with birds at the time of daily feeding sessions.
- Science Centre – With thousands of insightful exhibits, Science Centre Singapore is more than just a place of learning—it’s an exciting voyage of discovery. Daily shows, demonstrations, and exhibits are designed to make learning exciting for kids. This is a full day activity.
- Singapore Flyer – Singapore Flyer is Asia’s Largest Giant Observation Wheel. Standing at a stunning 165m from the ground, the Flyer offers you breathtaking, panoramic views of the Marina Bay and beyond. There’s also a range of shops, restaurants and facilities. You can have dinner with your loved one served at the capsule.
How many days do I need in Singapore?
You can decide what your preferences are and what all you would like to see. Generally, we at Infinite Journeys suggest to our guests that you should at least spend 5 nights to justify the best places to visit in Singapore.
Click here to check out all things you can cover in a 5 nights itinerary.
If you have only 3 nights available and still want to visit Singapore, click here for a short break itinerary.
We suggest below additions to make a ‘Seen It All’ holiday at Singapore :
- Stay at Sentosa Island – Singapore is an island city (country) and yet we do not really get even some time to enjoy ourselves at the beach. As mentioned earlier, you need to travel twice to Sentosa. One full day for Universal and another day for Sentosa Island’s other attractions. So why not stay at Sentosa and save all the hassle and time of traveling?
- Stay at Marina Bay Sands – The iconic luxury hotel with the biggest rooftop infinity pool in the world. This is a bucket list experience for many. If you wish to stay here let us know and we will help you secure your stay at an attractive price. I am sure once you have checked in here, you will be very much excited to post your images at infinity pool which is exclusively accessible to the in-house guests.
- Add a 2 nighter cruise while in Singapore – Taking a cruise with your land holiday feels like cherry on the cake. After all the rushed and fun packed days you can simply take a cruise to end the holiday with soothing sound of waves and calming sea breeze in the evening on deck.
Singapore is a city that is as perfect as it can get! It’s clean, orderly, safe, computer-controlled, full of systems and is automated beyond imagination. The probability of things going wrong are perhaps least in the world here. It makes perfect sense for us Indians to move away from our chaos (which has it’s distinct charm too! 😀 ) and see a city as a city should be! Its various natural and man-made attractions make it a traveler’s delight.
There are options galore! Get in touch with us to help your holidays to Singapore!
Author: Harshada Shende
More about her on: Click Here
Can Infinite Journeys customize holidays for you?
Yes. Infinite Journeys specializes in customizing your holidays. Infinite Journeys has Travel Advisors who are well traveled and experienced. They will be happy to share their expertise with you to make your holidays memorable.
At Infinite Journeys, we believe that you should never buy a product off-the-shelf when you can have one that is customized for you.
We customize the Holidays to any destination in the World
We will need some details from you to customize your holidays. Please Click Here for the same.