SUMMER 2016 – OPEN AGE CAMPS / TOURS
The much awaited schedule for Open-Age Summer 2016 schedule has been announced.
Please do have a look at the options that we have for you in the Summer of 2016.
We apologize for giving you more than 60 departures (!!!) to choose from this Summer in our “Open Age Camps / Tours” Category
But we will try to make the process of choosing your Camp easy
Please read on…
|At Foliage Outdoors, we believe that each traveler is DIFFERENT and has a STYLE of travel that’s unique to him/her.
This Summer, we introduce FIVE different styles of travel and offer more than 20 different destinations to choose from!!! HOW TO CHOOSE A TOUR THAT SUITS YOU THE MOST?
– Go through the description of each Style of Travel and choose a Style that comes closest to your idea of Holidays.
– Once you have done that, check out the destinations on offer under that Style.
– Still not able to choose the Right Camp? Get in touch with us.
We have sub-divided the Open Age Camp / Tour Styles as below :
1) Wildlife Camps
Stay and Food will be as best as it can get depending on the Destination.
2) Active Family Vacations
Stay in comfortable Resorts | Soft adventure activities and walks that each member of Family will enjoy
3) Leisure Walks and Treks
Stay in comfortable Resorts | These are moderate walks / treks done with “Himalayan luxuries” wherever possible
Stay in tents | Moderate treks | These are the treks done in “traditional style”
5) Coffee, Conversations and Bonfire Holidays
Stay in Exclusive Resorts | Slow paced Tour
PLEASE READ ON FOR MORE DETAILS…
1) For listing of ALL our OPEN AGE Camps, please Click Here
2) For our OPEN AGE WILDLIFE Camps, please Click Here
- Foliage Outdoors has been a recognized name in the field of Wildlife Holidays for more than 15 years.
- Itineraries that do justice to a destination, Right number of Jungle Safaris, Walking Nature Trails wherever permitted in the company of our most gifted and knowledgeable “Birders and Wildlifers”.
- In the Summer of 2016, we bring to options from across India, Bhutan and East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania)
- Choose from more than 30 departures through March to May.
3) For our OPEN AGE ACTIVE FAMILY VACATIONS, please Click Here
- The camps specially designed for “Active Families” looking for “Active Vacations”.
- The Family that eats together, stays together.
The Family that spends vacations together bonds better and loves more.
- We welcome the families that thrive on the spirit of adventure or want to get started.
- The intent of ‘Active Family Vacations’ is to indulge in soft adventure activities that would be enjoyed by EACH member of the family.
- Moderate trekking, playing in snow, kayaking in the water bodies, rappelling from the heights, making images of the beautiful sunset, making your own bonfire would be some of the activities that we do as a family.
- Stay will be in picturesque Resorts with most beautiful location / views. Food will
- Travel makes unforgettable memories and this is possibly the richest inheritance that you can pass on to your children
4) For our OPEN AGE – LEISURE WALKS / TREKS, Click Here
What is a Leisure Trek?
Leisure Trek = Leisure + Trek
- Excellent “Travel Style” for those who would want their “Trek to be like a Holiday” OR
…for those who would like to have a “Holiday while Trekking” up in the Himalayas.
- A Travel Style for those who have always believed that “Trek need not necessarily be about hardships”
- Excellent for First Timers / Beginners / Not-so-fit travelers / Family
- Unlike in Traditional Treks, Leisure Treks has stay in ROOMS in well equipped RESORTS with excellent LOCATION
- Unlike in Traditional Treks, NO Toilet Tents!!! Toilets are attached to the Room.
- Traditional Treks usually have limitations because of a makeshift kitchen. Leisure Treks have no such limitation. EXCELLENT FOOD is guaranteed.
- Not sure of your fitness? No worries. You can “Return to Resort” mid-way in your trek.
- Great for Families. We have had kids and students, as less as 8 years, who have successfully completed the Trek. Kids are always FIT…are you?!!!
- Don’t want to trek on a given day? No worries. “Stay back at Resort” is possible. Enjoy the Himalayan Views, your favorite music or a book.
- Didn’t we tell you that your Trek could also be your holiday AND you can also have a Holiday while Trekking?
4) For our OPEN AGE TREKS, please Click Here
- Trek the Right Way!!! Challenging walks, stay in tents…away from the civilization and having only like-minder co-travelers and Himalayas for the company!!!
- Respect for mountains, genuine love for anything adventurous, firm belief on low-impact tourism and insistence on best eco-tourism practices would be the common binding thread between us and the co-travelers.
- Our Himalayan Associates have a strong presence (and infrastructure) in the Himalayas backed by immense experience.
- We explore Dayara Bugyal this Summer, one of the most picturesque treks in the Garhwal Himalayas.
- Indrahar Pass Trek, a Trek in the Dhauladhar Himalayas (Himachal Pradesh) there promises snow (with luck) even in May. Almost guaranteed in April!!!
6) For our OPEN AGE – COFFEE, CONVERSATIONS AND BONFIRE Holidays, Click Here
-Foliage Outdoors proudly introduces a Style of Holidays. We call is “CCB” Holidays ie “Coffee, Conversations and Bonfire” Holidays.
- Essentially a slow paced tour, there is enough time for enjoying a cup of Coffee, indulge in some real Conversations over Bonfire.
- A Travel Style that’s most suited for most Evolved of the Travelers. Emphasis is on “experiencing the destination rather than rushed / organized site-seeing”.
- Perfect for those who like to come back rejuvenated from their holidays…not exhausted!!!
- “No wake up at 5 am, no reporting at 7 am, no breakfast in 17 minutes, no site-seeing at an average of 22 minutes per monument…no for just about everything that you hate in an “organized tour”.
- Not for someone who loves the “Panoramic Tours” OR “Tours where you see 10 countries in 14 days!!!”.
- Explore and experience one small area well rather than a little bit of many different areas
- Vacations are at exotic locales, at exclusive properties…amidst most scenic and offbeat locations.
- Stay in Properties that have a “character” and are “handpicked” by our experienced Travel Planners.
- Tours are usually an amazing mix of architecture (of the Resort we stay in or the Region), local cuisine, culture, folklore and stunning vistas.
- Small Group-size that does not usually exceed 15 travelers per Tour that promises better interaction.
- Cuisine to die for…
- Come back with a great experience of a destination. Not just having ticked just about every travel attractions / monument of your Guide Book.